Work-Life  >>   Helping Employees during COVID 19 Pandemic Search Discussion Posts
Discussions Help
Sort By: Oldest posts first Most recent posts first

Helping Employees during COVID 19 Pandemic  
Posted: 03/31/2020 03:39pm   65 Views

I am curious how everyone is helping employees during this challenging and stressful time. We have been working from home for over 2 weeks as I know most people are and I am getting more requests for help alleviating stress. We have shared CDC, tele-health, EAP, WFH best practices and done some virtual events. 
Any resources that you have used or ways you have looked to help educate and support employees around COVID 19 and stress.  
Any insights or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Posted: 04/01/2020 09:25am  

Hello. We are in the same boat and looking for any tips and ideas. We have done the same on udpating WFH practices, EAP, Health, CDD updates. We do alot of Go To Meetings Weekly to meet with our department staff. We have included personal greets which include 5 ot 10 seconds of updates on family and showing pets, etc. This of course is easy for smaller staff. We are looking into ideas to reach our broad employees on udpates.

Posted: 04/15/2020 10:27am  

Have you asked your employees what they need help with?

We've found most companies are offering the support you've mentioned which is great. Employees may need something else and because no one asked them, they're reluctant to voice it. You could ask them in a short and sweet employee survey or as part of the line manager's daily catch up with each team member. Make it a standing question like "What can I for you today to make your job/life easier?" Knowing what they need, you can specifically address it.

We've also found individuals who, while recognising what's going on, want to continue with as much of a daily routine without being constantly reminded of COVID-19. It's their way of staying sane and controlling what's in their ability.

Posted: 07/16/2020 05:53am  

The onset of the COVID-19 outbreak has led individuals and businesses to reconsider their positions under certain contracts and assess whether such contracts may be capable of being terminated or suspended by relying on force majeure clauses.

The concept of force majeure is widely recognised and operated broadly across common law jurisdictions and the Middle East. A force majeure is an event beyond a party’s control, which prevents the party from fulfilling its obligations under a contract.

Top Contributors
Work-Life