Call for Proposals
Total rewards professionals are looking to propel their work forward and drive positive business results. The WorldatWork 2018 Total Rewards Canadian Conference provides the perfect opportunity for the newly appointed, experienced and expert rewards professionals throughout Canada to explore new, innovative ways to reward and engage employees in today's dynamic work environment.
Those that attend are eager to be inspired and bring new ideas and smart solutions back to their organization to cultivate an engaged, effective workforce and drive business success.
One way to be a part of the WorldatWork 2018 Total Rewards Canadian Conference is to submit a presentation proposal. Proposals are due March 18, so act today!
Sessions and Speakers
What session topics interest attendees?
Attendees range from emerging professionals to seasoned executives and are looking for insights and practical solutions that address business challenges and HR situations. Sessions are 75 minutes, including time for Q&A. Please note, you should not market or promote services or use lead-generation activities/services during your session.
Topics ideas include:
- Impact of technology and innovation on total rewards planning and the future of the profession.
- Software implementation case studies
- Impact of digitization on jobs and implications for HR and total rewards
- Evolving roles and capabilities of the HR business partner and total rewards professionals.
- Addressing pay equity challenges
- Pay equity audits
- Improving pay equity and fairness.
- Best practices, regulatory and legislative developments and trends in all areas of Canadian total rewards, including compensation (e.g., job evaluation, salary planning, short-term incentives and long-term incentives), benefits (e.g., pensions and wellness), executive compensation, and sales compensation.
- How to build a relevant rewards strategies and programs to attract, engage and retain the right talent.
- Assessing the value of investments in total rewards
- Implementing changes in reward programs
- Communicating total rewards strategies and tactics.
- Globalization, the role of Canada in the world economy and total rewards.
Your speaker benefits will include visibility and recognition as a thought leader as well as a complimentary conference registration, so you can attend sessions and network with peers. Speaking also can help you meet professional goals, benefitting you and your organization.
In addition, WorldatWork will reimburse up to two nights of lodging at the group rate at the designated event hotel if you're a practitioner, an academic or a nonprofit organization representative (Sorry: consultants and service providers are not eligible for lodging reimbursement.). No other expenses will be reimbursed.
Upon approval, your speaker commitments include:
- Submitting your biography and professional headshot
- Notifying WorldatWork of any changes to job titles and/or employers
- Submitting your PowerPoint presentation prior to the start of the event
- Allowing WorldatWork to post your session handout online for attendees.
To see all terms and conditions, please review the speaker agreement.
What You Must Submit
What information must I include in my proposal submission?
- Session title (No more than 110 characters.)
- Proposal description: Thoroughly discuss what your proposed session will cover and what attendees will learn. The description should generate interest, focus on what's unique about the session, relate to the event theme, and be clear and concise. Tell the review team why we should select your proposed session. (No more than 4,000 characters, which is approximately 650 words.)
- Learning points: Clearly state three key learning points that will be valuable takeaways for attendees. (No more than 1,000 characters, which is approximately 150 words.)
- Speaker details (for each speaker)
- Phone number
- Job type (practitioner, consultant, service provider, academic).
- Speaker biography (No more than 800 characters, which is approximately 75-100 words)